I want to switch from partimage to fsarchiver so I can move beyond ext3.
Unfortunately, my initial test was not very successful.
Partitions involved (all ext3):
My test procedure:
1. ran a "savefs" (0.6.15 under sysrescuecd 2.8.1) for the above partitions; no errors.
(also, thankfully, ran a partimage backup)
2. ran a partimage restore of an old fc15 backup to be sure fc17 was gone.
3. ran a "restfs" (same sysrescucd) for the above partitions from archives created in (1.); no errors.
4. re-installed grub2
5. rebooted fc17 (failed; see messages below)
6. restored fc17 partitions with partimage.
7. re-installed grub2
8. rebooted fc17 (so far, so good)
Messages from failed boot (5. above): http://srmsc.org/fsarchiver_2.txt
Thanks for any ideas!
Post here if you found a bug or something really not expected in the program
1 post • Page 1 of 1