archive viewer

Post here if you want to request a features that has not been implemented yet
0p3nsrc

archive viewer

Post by 0p3nsrc » Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 pm

I love fsarchiver, but if I only want to recover certain files, I end up creating a partition, pulling the files I need, and destroying that partition. Is there any chance that there will be something like the Ghost Explorer for Symantec/Norton Ghost, so that I can recover the files I need, without the hassle of another partition?

m.ardito

Re: archive viewer

Post by m.ardito » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:39 am

+1 it would make fsarchiver extremely more useful and popular, IMHO...
i love fsa too, btw :-)

brucehvn

Post by brucehvn » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:40 am

Definitely +1 on this. Even if it was just a comman-line way to extract certain files/directories from an archive.

bobwya

Post by bobwya » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am

+10 (cough, cough!!)

I did a back of some partitions recently to test fsarchiver. I was able to restore an NTFS data parition (originally BIOS-MBR to a new partition as BIOS-GPT). Worked flawlessly and was able to get my junction points back that linked from a Windows boot partition. The restoration of the original UUID was much appreciated! Lets just say I was very impressed!!

Then the bad... I backed up some Ext4 partitions. I wanted to pull some particular configuration folders from the .fsa archives. I read the documentation in disbelief!! I can't specify individual folders to restore from an .fsa archive??

I'll have a look at the sourcecode soon... But surely it can't be too hard to implement - if the .fsa archive contains compressed copies of the original files and folders?? Would be my number one backup tool - if it wasn't for this missing feature!!

Thanks for your efforts (Mr Admin) - much appreciated!!

Bob