make distcheck fails, comp_lzo.h not found

Post here if you found a bug or something really not expected in the program
mbiebl

make distcheck fails, comp_lzo.h not found

Post by mbiebl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:49 pm

"make distcheck" fails:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I../../src -I.. -g -O2 -Wall -std=gnu99 -rdynamic -ggdb -g -O2 -MT fsarchiver-fsarchiver.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/fsarchiver-fsarchiver.Tpo -c -o fsarchiver-fsarchiver.o `test -f 'fsarchiver.c' || echo '../../src/'`fsarchiver.c
../../src/fsarchiver.c:46:22: error: comp_lzo.h: No such file or directory
../../src/fsarchiver.c: In function 'main':
../../src/fsarchiver.c:395: warning: implicit declaration of function 'lzo_init'
../../src/fsarchiver.c:395: error: 'LZO_E_OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
../../src/fsarchiver.c:395: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../../src/fsarchiver.c:395: error: for each function it appears in.)

Problem is, that comp_lzo.h (along with comp_lzma.h) is not included in the dist tarball, it should be added to noinst_HEADERS or fsarchiver_SOURCES

mbiebl

Re: make distcheck fails, comp_lzo.h not found

Post by mbiebl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:50 pm

I would also recommend to create the release tarball with "make distcheck" to avoid such errors in the future.

admin
Site Admin

Re: make distcheck fails, comp_lzo.h not found

Post by admin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi Michael,

I can do these modifications, but it may be easier if you can do that directly. I have given you the access to the SVN repository on sourceforge, so you should be able to commit your changes directly. Let me know if you have permissions problems with svn

Thanks