Restore ext4 failed

Post here if you found a bug or something really not expected in the program
pelle2004

Restore ext4 failed

Post by pelle2004 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 am

I got a Fedora system with a 2TB disk that starts getting a lot of reallocated sectors.
I'm now trying to replace the faulty one with a new one but the results is not right.
During the savefs process 2 files are listed with errors.

fsarchiver savefs /mnt/usb/home-110913.fsa /dev/vgroup/home
oper_save.c#184,createar_obj_regfile_unique(): file [..a..] has been truncated to 4096 bytes (orginal size 8604246): padding with zeros
oper_save.c#184,createar_obj_regfile_unique(): file [..b..] has been truncated to 1097728 bytes (orginal size 12928252): padding with zeros

fsarchiver restfs /mnt/usb/home-110913.fsa id=0,dest=/dev/vgroup/home
queue.c#526,queue_dequeue_block(): dequeue - wrong type of data in the queue: wanted a block, found an header
object_restore.c#800,extractar_restore_obj_regfile_unique(): queue_dequeue_block()=-6=FSAERR_WRONGTYPE for file(..a..) failed
object_restore.c#855,extractar_restore_obj_regfile_unique(): header is not what we expected: found=[ObJt] and expected [FiLf]
object_restore.c#877,extractar_restore_obj_regfile_unique(): removing /tmp/fsa/20110913-084436-00/..a..
object_restore.c#1004,extractar_restore_obj_regfile_unique(): unexpected header found in archiv, skipping it: type=1, magic=[-block-]
-Above line repeated a lot, fills scrollbuffer-
object_restore.c#1004,extractar_restore_obj_regfile_unique(): unexpected header found in archiv, skipping it: type=2, magic=[FiLf]

The above error appears fairly early during both the 'savefs' process and the 'restfs'.
A conclusion may be that the padding is not right....
I have backed up against a samba server and a usb disk, both shows exactly the same result.

I'm able to start the system with the faulty drive and the only thing issue is that the SMART check tells me that the disk is bad.
I can not get the system up and running with the restored disk, the system is not correct installed, i.e other files are bad.

Running from SystemRescueCd 2.3.1
fsarchiver version 0.6.12 (2010-12-25)
Target: Linux Fedora 14 64-bit

/Pelle