Error restoring a file in filesystem backup: can I skip it?

Please ask questions here if you are not familiar with fsarchiver
alquery

Error restoring a file in filesystem backup: can I skip it?

Post by alquery » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 pm

I backed up my filesystem to five 4.7GB DVD's so I could move my files from a failing hard drive to a new one. Neither the backup process nor the burning process showed any errors, yet I get an error partway through the process when I try to restore the backups to the new HDD:

Code: Select all

[email protected]:/media/sr0$ sudo fsarchiver restfs backups1.f01 id=0,dest=/dev/sda2 -vv
-[00][ 35%][REGFILEM] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/locker_room/locker_room_walltiles_dirty.mat
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/locker_room/locker_room_floortiles_bump.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/locker_room/locker_room_walltiles_dirty.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/locker_room/locker_room_concrete_dirty.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/locker_room/locker_room_walltiles.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/locker_room/locker_room_floortiles.jpg
-[00][ 35%][DIR     ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/lightfx
-[00][ 35%][DIR     ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance/base_entrance_grunge02.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance/base_entrance_floor_concrete01_spec.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance/base_entrance_concrete_old_bump.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance/base_entrance_floor_concrete01_bump.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance/base_entrance_concrete_old3_bump.jpg
-[00][ 35%][REGFILE ] /usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance/base_entrance_wall_concrete_clean01_bump.jpg
[errno=0, Success]: archreader.c#509,archreader_read_block(): cannot read block (finalsize=262144) failed
oper_restore.c#800,extractar_restore_obj_regfile_unique(): queue_dequeue_block()=-5=FSAERR_ENDOFFILE for file(/usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance/base_entrance_wall_concrete_clean01_bump.jpg) failed
oper_restore.c#847,extractar_restore_obj_regfile_unique(): queue_dequeue_header() failed: cannot read footer dico
oper_restore.c#877,extractar_restore_obj_regfile_unique(): removing /tmp/fsa/20120317-203350-00/usr/local/share/PenumbraOverture/textures/base_entrance/base_entrance_wall_concrete_clean01_bump.jpg
oper_restore.c#994,extractar_extract_read_objects(): queue_check_next_item() failed: cannot read object from archive

The program then aborts. I'm not sure what the error is (maybe a scratch on the DVD?), but is there any way to skip loading this particular file, so that I can continue with the rest of the backup? Or is the data stream corrupted in a way that the loading can't continue? I'm only a third through the first DVD and I can't get to any of my other files!

Andrew

alquery

Re: Error restoring a file in filesystem backup: can I skip

Post by alquery » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:46 am

Nevermind, I decided to restore using tar and a crossover cable